SERVICES PROVIDED TO THE CLIENT:
Verification of seismic vulnerability, energy diagnosis, soil characterization, and BIM restitution of the existing condition.
The design was aimed at the seismic improvement of the structure, resulting in the identification of strategic interventions, carried out in collaboration with Progetto Psc s.r.l.
INTERVENTIONS ON THE BUILDING:
The interventions, aimed at improving the seismic performance of the building, can be summarized as follows:
• Restoration of the original design conditions, increasing the number of seismically resistant masonry walls, eliminating the openings made over time, or carrying out appropriately sized framing that guarantee the restoration of rigidity.
• Increase of the rigidity of the reinforced concrete tower, through the construction of a steel frame.
• Increased rigidity of the colonnade.
• Removal of openings near external fronts, floors, elevations.
• Guarantee an infinitely rigid behaviour of the wooden and metal decking.
• Allow a box-like behaviour of the masonry, making it integral with the floor slabs.
• Reinforcement of masonry elements not verified in static conditions by applying reinforced mortar.
• Reinforcement of reinforced concrete frames not verified at ULS by applying pultruded carbon fibres both in shear and bending.
• Reinforcement of floors not verified in bending.
• Reinforcement and construction of connections to the perimeter masonry of the Volterranee floor.
• Demolition or replacement of vulnerable secondary elements, such as slatted ceilings and handcrafted anchors of removable mineral fibre ceilings and implants.
• The modelling of the new condition was carried out using the finite element calculation software CDS Win, where the building was modelled as a single structural unit, in order to show the risk index reached by the model as a function of the applied improvements at the existing condition.